Essential Oils And Your Home Office - Greater Creativity With Essential Oils

When you work in your home office and want more creativity, there are many different tools and techniques that you can use. What I'd like to share with you today is the fastest and easiest way I've discovered to date - essential oils!

Why Essential Oils?

Because when they are inhaled, they go through the nose to the brain in seconds! However, because of this, one should use only therapeutic grade essential oils. A number of essential oils on the market have been adulterated with synthetic chemicals and I certainly don't want that going directly to my brain! That's why I stick with therapeutic grade essential oils.

How to Use

Two of the easiest ways are (1) to diffuse them in a cold-air diffuser and (2) to simply inhale them directly from the bottle.

I was taught that the proper way to inhale essential oils is as follows:

  • breathe in through the left nostril
  • breathe in through the right nostril
  • breathe in through both nostrils

Why this way? When one inhales through the left nostril, the message of the essential oil first goes to the right brain, which is the creative side of the brain. Of course, it is fine to just inhale naturally.

Which Essential Oils?

Some people prefer single oils such as cedarwood, Idaho balsam fir, frankincense, sandalwood, spruce or other conifer oils. Other people prefer essential oil blends using combinations of the following oils: blue cypress, blue tansy, cedarwood, cinnamon bark, frankincense, geranium, ginger, hyssop, jasmine, lavender, mugwort, myrrh, myrtle, orange, patchouli, rose, rosewood, sage, sandalwood, white fir, and ylang ylang.

My Favorite

Recently, you'll find me inhaling a blend of frankincense, myrrh, hyssop, spikenard, cedarwood, Idaho balsam fir, cinnamon, lavender and rose oils when I want more creativity. I sit down with my blend of these oils, close my eyes, and think about what it is I want to accomplish. I continue inhaling the oil for a bit, and then sit there with my eyes closed for awhile. When I get up, I have the inspiration I need and can envision myself accomplishing what it is that I set out to accomplish. I even have the sensation of finishing the project!